Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Pushing Myself

So I noticed the other night when Neil come with me to run that I have a pretty nice little run.  I can do it pretty easy and if I don't go when it is really hot out, I don't hardly even sweat.  So I am thinking I need to maybe push myself a little bit.

This is where it gets complicated, I can either go farther, go faster, or run more and walk less.  I am not sure which is the best route to take.  But I am not sure I want to go farther because I have no indication of how much farther it would be, the next marker would be 2 miles out so 4 miles total.  I think I might know where 1 mile is, but unless I kinda guess with my truck I won't know for sure.  But I guess it might not matter how far I run so much as I am running.

And faster, I hate to go faster cause I am still having trouble with my lungs, but I also don't know if i go faster sometimes it might help.  Or just go for longer runs so I won't go faster just yet, it's not a race even if I have to remind myself that all the time.

So I guess that leaves me with more running and less walking.  I have started that with the middle run being 1 1/2 minutes and the rest 1 min and all walking 1 minute.  So maybe I will start with 1min run, 1 min walk, 1 1/2 min run, 1 min walk 1 1/2 min run, 1 min walk, 1 1/2 min run, 1 min walk and 1 min run.  That will be an extra minute running and if all goes well it will still be in my 1 mile distance.

I also think I am gonna start doing some sort of core exersize in hopes that my back will get less sore.  I have not decided what yet, maybe see what Susan is doing or look up some good ones and we will see.

No comments: